Thursday, December 21, 2006

Batch o' the best!

Okay, the hubby and I have been sampling a batch o' the best, and here are some of my favorites. By the way, if you don't have a Trader Joe's nearby, I feel sorrryy for you!

-Trader Joe's Organic Oatmeal Stout
Sounds rather snobbish, but it's a real treat. They only have them in pint bottles, none of those smaller 12 oz six pack types. Perfect chilled, and in a (big) mug straight out of the freezer (then again, are there any beers that aren't perfect this way?)

-Samuel Smith's Winter Welcome Ale
Again, only in single Pint bottles, Imported from England. Well, just looked at the bottle, and it says 1 pint, 2.7 fl. oz, soooo, there's a slight correction. More than a pint! Mmmmm. A lighter ale with a bit of a bite.

I'd put pictures in here if I could get the dang things to load! :-P

- (somebody's) Chocolate Stout.
This is a tragedy, I threw away the empties before I could remind myself whose beer this was, but when I find out, I'll tell you. I would have thought a "chocolate" beer would be . . . um, weird to say the least, but naw! It didn't have a chocolatey taste to it, but there was a hint of an almost earthy wholesomeness there, that just had to be the chocolate. Anyway, again, they only have these in the big pint bottles.

-San Miguel Light
A friend of mine that was with us picking out our beers doesn't know much about beer, so sh . . . this person, just grabbed the nearest looking thing to Bud Light that was there. To our surprise, it was actually very good! My husband and I are more into darker brews, but after sticking a slice of lemon into the bottle (along with a thumb so that it didn't blow up everywhere!), it was rather refreshing. I'll have to remember this beer come summer time. They do have these in 6 packs, and they are smaller bottles, I think about 10 oz.

Enjoy!

1 Comments:

Blogger best essay cheap said...

Great post, thanks for sharing some really good beers. Will definitely give them a shot. Keep posting and sharing such blogs...

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home