Tuesday, August 08, 2006

God's Blessings Upon You :-D

Feast of St. Jean Marie Vianney, Cure d' Ars

Hello, and welcome to my Rose Garden.

It is hard being a lady in this day and age; I personally was raised doing hard, physical labor, keeping tough younger brothers in line, cooking, cleaning, swearing up a storm, and basically an independent tough young woman who needed NO ONE. I could take care of myself, all 5' 1" of me. I worked with large livestock and farm equipment, both of which could kill you if you weren't more tough than they, and basic survival instincts helped form the young woman my parents were raising into the person I became. My parents, though well meaning, toughened me up this way because they didn't see any hope for young girls of my generation. Their female siblings had gone through divorces, lawsuits, poverty, in spite of college educations (not my own "in spite of", but a contradiction to the world's point of view), and they figured that by the time I was a woman, there would be no one left to take care of me but. . .me.

Though I secretly admired beautiful things, flowers, lacey dresses, perfume, good manners, dainty shoes, I would have none of it, because it symbolized weakness to me, a characteristic that would not do for my image. During inescapable contact with the outside world (I always considered the place I grew up in as my own little shire), my main defense against myriads of young men pursueing my virginity, was the fact that I was just as tough, insensitive, cruel hearted, unfettered, and egotistical as they, above praising their virtue and accepting their assistance, unflattering to their egos, deflating to their pride. It worked. But it shouldn't have had to.

Trials and tribulations later, God's grace led me and my entire family to Traditional Catholicism, a story for another post, but the crux of all that turned my life around. I had been Catholic since birth, and had always striven after holiness; sainthood was always my family's goal, but confusion had reigned for so long in the hearts of Catholics since modernism had taken a stranglehold on humanity, that it was and is very hard to distinguish between black and white sometimes. Now there is no confusion. Only the realization that there is much, much hard work and sacrifice to be done.

The greatest joy in my life came when God blessed me by sending someone to take care of me. My husband and I have been married for almost two years, and he has been my defense against the outer world. His strength and humility, intelligence and perseverence have become the pillars that support my feeble soul. Our home is a sweet little shire, set apart from the world's influence, decorated in a Catholic and meditative manner, peaceful, and a place that my husband looks forward to coming back to after long hours of work. It sounds like a dream, and it was, but now it is real. It is my hope that perhaps some of the ideas put forth on this blog might help other young ladies to see that their dreams of marital bliss, holiness, sanctity, happiness, fulfillment, and everything else can be attained here on earth, if we will only do God's will.

Again, welcome to my little garden, and I hope you get yourself a cup of tea or coffee, a muffin or a bagel, and take some time out for yourself from the world, nestle up to thoughts of holiness and draw into your feminine heart which is so pleasing to God.

St. Therese of the Child Jesus is the patroness of this blog; if you have any issues, take them up with her. You can also comment on the posts; I am open to debate and will only delete offensive or mass coments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home